FLAT BRAKE

1996 Chevrolet Truck

nuaka

June, 10, 2011 AT 3:49 PM

96' chevy 1500 2wd 5.7 replaced master cylinder, brake booster. Brake pedal still falls to floor. NO LEAKS!What is Wrong?

caradiodoc

June, 10, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

Did this start before you replaced the parts? Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder?

nuaka

June, 13, 2011 AT 3:47 PM

Yes, that was the reason I replaced the parts. I bleed the entire brake system.

caradiodoc

June, 13, 2011 AT 7:48 PM

Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder before you installed it? Does it sit at an angle with the front higher than the back?

nuaka

June, 16, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

No, I bleed the system after installing the new master cylinder, brake booster, new wheel-cylinders; and new rear shoes. No, the truck does not sit higher on either end, it sits level.

caradiodoc

June, 16, 2011 AT 1:59 AM

Not the truck; the master cylinder.

nuaka

June, 16, 2011 AT 10:42 PM

We already replaced the ABS unit. We believe that's what was causing the brakes not to work. But we are still waiting on response of customer. However, I believe the master cylinder was level.

caradiodoc

June, 17, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

Rats. A lot of GM master cylinders sit higher in the front and air hangs up right by the steel line. It has to go downhill to be bled out at the wheels or to get sucked back into the reservoir. Bleeding at that connection usually solves the mushy pedal.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front