1996 Chevy P1345 code

WILLIAM MORRIS
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Im getting a p1345 code on the scanner, I have just rebuilted the motor, The wires to the distributor were broke while takeing the engine out, I replaced the connector, still getting the code. I have searched for a wireing diagram for it, can't fine one. Can yall help in any way. Thanks
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

WRENCHTECH
The wiring diagram isn't going to help you. The problem is the distributor is installed incorrectly. You probably tried to use a timing light to set it and that can't be done. You need a professional scan tool that can read the cam/crank offset. The problem is the cam sensor in the distributor is not synched with the crank sensor signal. There is a PID in there that reads offset and it needs to be set to zero or very close. Anything over 4 degrees plus or minus with set that code.
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 10:00 PM
WILLIAM MORRIS
When I set the distributor, I had #1 cylinder at top dead center, I thought that would be the right way to put the dist back in
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 10:43 PM
WRENCHTECH
That's a starting point but you need to fine tune that with a scan tool.
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 10:45 PM
WILLIAM MORRIS
How do I synch it with the scan tool, I havent done anything like that before. Thanks again for the information.
+1
Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 AT 2:35 AM
WRENCHTECH
Like I told you earlier, look for the cam/crank offset PID and turn the distributor until you get that to zero.
Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 AT 2:37 AM
WILLIAM MORRIS
Wrenchtech, I have done what you have said to do, Now my question is, The timeing is set at TDC, The scanner is showing 22 deg after TDC, I was able to put a timeing light on it, It is showing about an 1 1/2 inch before TDC. Any sugestions about what to do with it.
Thanks again
Bill
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 3:58 PM
WRENCHTECH
Nothing at all. The timing is not adjustable, cannot be changed and controlled by the computer.
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 4:00 PM
WILLIAM MORRIS
Something had to be able to be done, I cant keep playing with the distributor, The p1345 code is no longer there, I am getting a p0300 sometimes now
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 4:14 PM
WRENCHTECH
You CANNOT change the timing. Turning the distributor only changes the synchronizing of the cam sensor, not the timing. If you have a misfire issue, look elsewhere.
Thursday, May 26th, 2011 AT 4:17 PM