1996 Chevrolet Silverado A/C

TIMBYARS
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The air compressed comes on fine, the lines are cold, but the air blows out very hot. It is like a switch is not changing inside the air box to let the cold air flow. One side of the box under the dash is cold the other is hot. Help!
Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 4:07 PM

RECKON THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM?

http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0OOfIFtlU

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS

Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 8:24 PM
TIMBYARS
That was the problem, thank you very much. A lot of valuable information on that video. Anyone with an air flow problem should watch this. A friend for life. Thanks again Tim.
Monday, June 17th, 2013 AT 7:02 AM
SO LIKE. WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM EXACTLY?

DID YOU REPAIR IT YOURSELF?

HOW MUCH WERE THE PARTS?

WAS IT REALLY EZ?

ANYONE ELSE READING THIS MIGHT WANNA KNOW SOME OF THAT STUFF!

Monday, June 17th, 2013 AT 7:11 PM
TIMBYARS
Hey CJmedvac, the exact problem was the blend door actuator. It is the servo motor right behind the glove box and the ash tray. I did this myself in about an hour and a half. The part was about $45. It wasn't too bad to do, once you get all of the dash parts out of the way, which I recommend you do this. The only problem I had was the blend door was stuck on heat and the new motor was indexed on a/c. So I had to do exactly what the instructions said not to do! I had to connect the plug up to the new motor and index it to a/c to get it to line up. It is so tight in there I could not twist it to line up. Worked like a champ. The blend door kept falling down to the heat side, I could manually hold the door to a/c, but it would not stay long enough to put the motor on the shaft.
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 AT 4:21 PM
GLAD YOU GOT IT REPAIRED.......I PROMOTE DIYing TO THE FULLEST EXTENT

THERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE NOT "ECONOMICALLY SOUND"........FOR ME, .......THIS WOULD BE BUYING AN ALIGNMENT MACHINE TO ALIGN MY OWN WHEELS......OR THE MACHINERY NEEDED "MACHINE" AN ENGINE FOR A REBUILD

..............OTHER THAN THAT, I CAN DO EVERY OTHER TASK TO MY JEEPS THAT CAN BE DONE...'COURSE THINGS WERE SO MUCH SIMPLER BETWEEN 1946-1977.....AND WITH A "REAL VEHICLE"

THERE ARE STILL SO MANY REPAIRS YOU CAN DO TO YOURS........PRIOR TO TAKING IT TO A STEALERSHIP!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

COME BACK TO SEE US WHEN YOU GET STUMPED

Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 AT 6:39 PM