1996 Chevrolet Corsica stalled while driving

RONNG
  • 1996 CHEVROLET CORSICA
2 days prior, car would act like it was missing, or wasn't getting fuel constantly. It would do this when first starting car on road. Then disappeared. Now, it was running for about 15 minutes in stop & go traffic. Weather in 90's. Light turned green, drove about 80 feet and car stalls. Tried starting. Engine turned over, but it would not fire off. Like it wasn't getting fuel. Electrical was strong. Tried this several times. Same reaction. Got out to open hood. Hood and engine were very warm. Antifreeze was filled just the day before. And coolant needle never shot up into the red. Oil was full.
I had a friend come over to help me tow vehicle to a safe place. He smelled the oil and asked when it was last serviced. I had it changed about 3-4 months ago. He said it was black and had the smell of gas in it. He thinks the engine may have died internally. He said we need to do a compression check to see if his thought was true.
What should I check first? Also, what's the easiest way to replace rear spark plugs on 6 cylinder.
Sunday, August 11th, 2013 AT 3:11 PM

Check your fuel pressure bet the pump died.
Sunday, August 11th, 2013 AT 3:50 PM