FUEL PUMP RELAY

1996 Chevrolet Corsica

seabee1

September, 24, 2013 AT 12:54 PM

I know that the relay is located on the firewall behind the right shock tower, but, which one is it? There are four relays on the bracket & I had someone turn key on while I felt for one to click. Well, 2 of the damn things clicked, so now I'm confused as to which is the correct one. I've looked online, Haynes manual, & neither is definitive as to which one of the four is the correct one. Since I at least have it narrowed down to two possibilities, I guess I could just use process of elimination, but if you can tell me exactly which one, it would be very appreciated! Thanks, SEABEE

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:00 PM

Which relay are you looking for?That would really help since you said there are four of them.

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

Here you go.

seabee1

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:18 PM

Thanks Saturntech9! I am looking for the FUEL PUMP RELAY & they are all in a straight line on the bracket, NOT like the layout on the diagram you just sent, but THANKS anyway!

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:24 PM

Which engine do you have?

seabee1

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:32 PM

2.2 4cylinder

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:38 PM

The fuel pump relay has a dark green wire with a white stripe a black wire with a white stripe A gray wire and a pink wire. That should help you find the relay.

seabee1

September, 24, 2013 AT 1:50 PM

Got it! Thank you very much! You've been a big help!

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 2:07 PM

Your welcome let me know what you find.

seabee1

September, 24, 2013 AT 2:22 PM

Just fixed it man! It was exactly as you described! Gravy job when you know what the hell to look for! Appreciate it very much!

saturntech9

September, 24, 2013 AT 2:27 PM

Your welcome that's what we're here for glad you got it fixed. So bad relay or poor connection? I haven't seen too many bad relays.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right