1995 VW JETTA

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1995 Volkswagen Jetta
  • automatic

1995 VW Jetta III Automatic mileage: 50,000. My problem started when my electric sun roof, dome light, and electric locks were not working. My clock was also not working right; it came on, but did not keep the time. It always goes back to 12: 00 when I turn the car off. I checked the fuses; one was blown, so I figured that was the problem. I had not replaced the fuse yet, but when I got in my car yesterday, my speedometer and tachometer were not working. I replaced the fuse (with the right size) and my dome light came back on (it did nothing for the speedometer) but when I attempted to open my sunroof the light dimmed and the fuse blew again. Any ideas? Are the two problems even related?

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 12:26 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

It sounds as if both problems are related. There probably is a short in the motor and/or the control switchfor your sunroof.

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 12:29 AM