ENGINE MISFIRING WHEN COLD

KCHAKHAZA
  • 1995 TOYOTA COROLLA
I own a 1995 Toyota Corolla 160iGLE (South African make) model AE92-R. Recently, the engine started misfiring when its cold ****** when I start and go). I contacted mechanics to have a look at it several times but nothing has changed. I have so far replaced (changed) the following, fuel filter, fuel pump, throttle sensor, idle switch, condensor, spark plugs and now am being told to replace ignitor. I have the feeling that the technicians have run out of ideas. This is my dream car which I would like to see it grounded hence am asking for you opinion.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 9:44 AM

FIXITMR
MAP/MAF sensor? ECT sensor?
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 10:22 AM
MHPAUTOS
Check that the inlet manifold has not sucked in, spray a little carby cleaner around the manifold with the engine running, if the revs pick up you will have a leak.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 10:22 AM
KCHAKHAZA
I do remember very well the mechanic did sprayed the carburator cleaner around the inlet manifold when he was replacing the idle switch. Take note that the misfiring only occurs when I start the engine and slightly rev the engine (1500- 2500rpm) and after 5 to 10 minutes warm up the misfiring stops, BUT still hesitates when I start moving till temp reaches normal. Am sorry for not giving you a clear picture in the first place. What and where are MAP/MAF ECT
sensors located? Am sorry am not a technician myself.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 12:24 PM
MHPAUTOS
I would be checking the coolant temp sensor as well, as if it is out of range, you can get the ECU setting a lean condition on start up when it should be richer, worth a look.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 12:36 PM
KCHAKHAZA
Mhpautos, coolant temp sensor was a the first to replace when the whole thing started. I will try ECU setting. Keep you in touch. Thank you so much for your help.
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 6:08 AM
KCHAKHAZA
Mhpautos, the coolant temp sensor was the first to be replaced when the whole thing started. I will check the ECU setting. Thank you very much for your help and I will keep you updated.
-1
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 6:12 AM