ENGINE DIES

1995 Toyota Corolla

corolla fr

June, 8, 2013 AT 9:10 PM

The engine light came on and the engine died. Tried to crank the engine but it acted as it was not getting fuel to crank the engine. Had it towed to mechanic. The car cranked after sitting overnight. The mechanic ran the car for the next two days without problems. I drove my car without a problem with the air conditioned on. I parked the car for about ten minutes. The car would not crank. The engine was acting the same as before like there was no fuel getting to the engine. I let the car sit for about 8 hours and it cranked again.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

sinbad271

June, 8, 2013 AT 10:55 PM

Have you checked for any codes if so what were they?

corolla fr

June, 9, 2013 AT 8:33 AM

The mechanic said it could not be checked on this model. Is this something. I should take to the dealer?

sinbad271

June, 9, 2013 AT 4:33 PM

You may want to have diagnostic down by dealer. You can find out what is going on and possibly do the repairs yourself.

corolla fr

June, 19, 2013 AT 5:39 PM

The mechanic ran the car until it died. He has recommended the distributor assembly. Is this a good probability for this problem?

sinbad271

June, 25, 2013 AT 5:49 PM

I'm sorry to get back to you so late. But yes this sounds like the issue. I've ran into this before. The dist would get hot and the engine would shut off.