1995 TOYOTA COROLLA ENGINE DIES

• corolla fr
  • 1995 Toyota Corolla

The engine light came on and the engine died. Tried to crank the engine but it acted as it was not getting fuel to crank the engine. Had it towed to mechanic. The car cranked after sitting overnight. The mechanic ran the car for the next two days without problems. I drove my car without a problem with the air conditioned on. I parked the car for about ten minutes. The car would not crank. The engine was acting the same as before like there was no fuel getting to the engine. I let the car sit for about 8 hours and it cranked again.

Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 9:10 PM

• sinbad271
  • 172 posts

Have you checked for any codes if so what were they?

Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 10:55 PM
  • corolla fr

The mechanic said it could not be checked on this model. Is this something. I should take to the dealer?

Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 8:33 AM
  • sinbad271
  • 172 posts

You may want to have diagnostic down by dealer. You can find out what is going on and possibly do the repairs yourself.

Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:33 PM
  • corolla fr

The mechanic ran the car until it died. He has recommended the distributor assembly. Is this a good probability for this problem?

Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 AT 5:39 PM
  • sinbad271
  • 172 posts

I'm sorry to get back to you so late. But yes this sounds like the issue. I've ran into this before. The dist would get hot and the engine would shut off.

Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 AT 5:49 PM