WOULD NOT RESTART AFTER DRIVING, DID TUNE UP BUT STILL HESITATING WHEN STOPPING

• Freejaspers
  • 1995 TOYOTA COROLLA

I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla 1.8 Engine. About one week ago my car broke down, when I stepped on the pedal to give it gas it would not go. The engine was still running, but when I tried to restart it would not. I have given the car a tune up. Spark plugs, wires, changed the distributor cap, Oxygen senors and a PCV valve. I also replaced the TPS sensor, but I still have this skip when the car comes to idle or when I come to a stop light, even when I step on the pedal it will skip like its going to quit, but I just step on the pedal a little more and the car seems to run correct. I have tested the fuel pump and checked the fuel filter and gas lines for a leaks or a clogs none could be found and the fuel pump worked fine. I have tested the car while sitting in the drive way by shifting in to each gear for about 2 minutes at a time to check to see if the skipping is still going to happen when I changed each new part I put on but the skipping still occurred Thank you.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:54 PM

• Rasmataz

Check the idle air control valve, EGR valve and the Airflow meter

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 9:34 PM