Camry turns, won't start.

EMMPEETHREE
  • 2 POSTS
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY

1995 toyota camry 4cyl LE 250,000KM/150,000Miles
Replaced distributor 4 months ago due to car turning over but not starting. Instantly fixed problem. Now car will again turn over, but won't start - sometimes. Can smell gas coming out of exhaust and hear fuel pump working.

Had car towed home after it was sitting in a mall parking lot for 2hours, wouldnt start back up on way back. Left overnight, started on first try like new. Went for a drive to warm it up and recharge battery, drive fine for first 5 minutes, then when I tried to acclerate, wouldnt give me any more power and RPM's started decreasing. Barely made it home - stalled twice while driving - hard to restart in neutral while rolling down the street. Got back home and parked, car wouldn't restart!

I'm stumped! Last tank of gas was from Chevron, I've never had problems with their gas!

Monday, January 10th, 2011 AT 3:00 AM

KEN

Its not the gas, stations go through way to much to have bad gas problems anymore. I sounds like you have an EFI relay that is going out which supplies power to the ECM I just fixed a car just like this which had the same problem in the shop the other day.

Here is a guide to show you how to check the relay

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 AT 10:52 AM
ARWOLKOWSKI
  • 7 POSTS

Would this cause an intermittent problem? I heard the relay works or it doesn't?

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 AT 10:53 AM
KEN

No the relay will work sometimes and not others which is more typical.

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 AT 10:54 AM
ARWOLKOWSKI
  • 7 POSTS

Yep, it fixed the problem thanks for the help on this I know it was an old thread.

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 AT 10:55 AM