95 WINDOW

1995 Toyota Camry

alex1991

March, 18, 2011 AT 12:58 AM

I have a 95 camry, but only one window works. Which is a rear right window. I changed the main driver side switch and I still have the same problem. I have ruled out a relay or fuse since one of the window is working. The motors are also good. I am getting voltage at the connector of the driver side switch. I am thinking it would be shortage in the wire, but I think it is too coincidental that the other 3 windows has that same problem. Thank you.

PROTECH1980

March, 18, 2011 AT 1:09 AM

Suspect broken wires in door jamb (inside black dust boot) common problem from years of opening wires become brittle and break, check there.

alex1991

March, 18, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

Thank you, but how do I remove the wiring?

PROTECH1980

March, 18, 2011 AT 1:50 AM

You dont want to remove the wiring, just the boot to inspect for broken wires, dont cut it, just feed one end of the boot inside the door exposing wires, then inspect for any broken wires, Also if you have knowledge of auto circuitry and are able to read wire diagrams and know/have a meter I could post a diagram for you, to aid in diagnosing problem

alex1991

March, 18, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

That would be perfect if you could post the diagram. Thanks

PROTECH1980

March, 18, 2011 AT 2:07 AM

See below

alex1991

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:12 PM

In the same camry, is the window regulator the same on the front and back? I wanted to change the window motor from back to front, but is the regulator the same, even though it is on the same side of the car.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation