I just bought a 1995 Toyota 4Runner for500 but.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1995 TOYOTA 4RUNNER

I just bought a 1995 toyota 4runner for$500 but my problem is it had a dead battery in it. I bought a used charged battery put it in. When I try to start it nothing happens. I do have lights but no dash lights come on just the lights in both front doors and headlights. I tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery and use the vallet switch. Thats the other thing everything I have read thus far says their should be either a toggle switch or a button, I have both? I cant afford to take it to a shop. Thats why I had to buy a $500 car in the first place.I am not opposed to removing the alarm system but I am not sure I want to try unless I know more about the system. I just need the quickest cheapest solution possible as I need transportation to get my mom to doctors.

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 1:07 AM

I MAY NOT BE YOUR PERFECT ANSWER---OTHERS MAY JUMP IN AND ASSIST

LET'S GO THRU THE BASICS THAT I KNOW 1ST

I'M MORE OF A JEEP CJ--OLDER CARBURETED VEHICLE KINDA FELLER

1ST OF ALL----LET'S SNATCH THAT BATTERY OUT AND TAKE IT TO A POPULAR PARTS STORE--LIKE ADVANCE AUTO

THEY HAVE A TESTER THAT WILL TELL YOU WHETHER OR NOT YOUR BATTERY IS TRULY ANY COUNT (SEE MY 1ST PIC)

IF THEY VERIFY IT IS BADDON'T BUY A NEW ONE RIGHT THENREPORT BACK TO MEI MAY CAN SAVE YOU $40 ON A NEW ONE!!!

...........WAS THIS VEHICLE RUNNING........AND YOU SAW IT RUN?

IN DETAIL, EXPLAIN THE WHOLE DEAL, IF YOU DID NOT WITNESS IT RUN

I'M NOT GREAT WITH THESE NEW RIGS---THE SECURITY SYSTEM COULD BE AN ISSUE---ASD COULD PLAY A PART???----A BURNED MAIN FUSIBLE LINK COULD PREVENT POWER FROM GETTING THRU

FOR THE MOST PART---IN THIS LINK BELOW---IS THE MOST COMMON "NO START" CONDITION THAT I SEE THE MOST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

ALL RIGHTY THEN...IT'S YOUR TURN

LET'S HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 2:39 AM