Car wont start

CHUCK OLSON
  • 1995 SATURN SL1
I have a 1995 sl1 it just stoped wont start got all power exept turn key nothing everything else works turn key nothing
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 1:36 AM

SATURNTECH9
So did it die while you were driving?Or just a no crank no start one day?The first thing I would check even though the light's are coming on is have the battery tested. Also make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 2:50 AM
CHUCK OLSON
No I drove it in morn. Later my wife drove it a couple of places her last stop she turned it off than tried to start it and nothing
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 1:39 PM
CHUCK OLSON
Also I checked the fuses under the hood could it be a fuse inside the car?
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 1:51 PM
SATURNTECH9
The first thing's you need to check is the basic's like have the battery tested make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight. You can also check the all the fuse's if you want. So you have dash light's etc?If so I would check your inside chime fuse.
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 5:52 PM
CHUCK OLSON
Hello chet we figured it out to be the starter because I put my ear to the gas filler and could hear fuel pump so only thing left was starter thank you
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 10:42 PM
SATURNTECH9
Ok you said the engine wasn't turning over so the fuel pump wouldn't have anything to do with the engine not turning over and stater just clicking. But glad you got it figured out.
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 11:46 PM
CHUCK OLSON
We hope so to 8)
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 1:08 AM
SATURNTECH9
So you don't know it's the starter for sure?At least test if you have full battery voltage going to the purple wire on the starter when you turn the key to the start position. Also make sure the positive battery cable is tight and has full battery voltage to it. Also make sure the engine is frozen up.
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 1:21 AM