95 A/C

1995 Saturn SC2

jamcan1

June, 9, 2011 AT 6:56 PM

How do you recharge the a/c on a 1995 sc2?

saturntech9

June, 9, 2011 AT 7:11 PM

You would get a recharge kit with the hose gauge and r134a cans and recharge it thru the low side charge port. If you have no idea about a/c and how to charge it I suggest you have it down somewhere it could be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. So why do you even think it needs to be recharged?

jamcan1

June, 9, 2011 AT 7:30 PM

Only blowing out hot air. Has not been charged in last 4 years or so. I have the kit but am not sure which is the low side port. That is my only problem.

saturntech9

June, 9, 2011 AT 7:46 PM

The easiest way to tell which is which is follow the hoses from the compressor the high side one will go to the condensor thats over by the drivers head light. Then the low side will go to the firewall which is at the base of the windshield that is the one you use for charging. Also even if you have the correct amount of charge it could still blow hot because of incorrect pressure caused by restricted line bad expasion valve bad compressor etc. Just wanted to throw that out there.

jamcan1

June, 9, 2011 AT 8:41 PM

Thanx for your help.

saturntech9

June, 9, 2011 AT 8:55 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for.

jamcan1

June, 11, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

Charged a/c now getting cold air but belt squeals when I turn on a/c.

saturntech9

June, 11, 2011 AT 10:43 PM

Looks like you started another question and iam answering it on there so lets stick to your new question.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic