HOW DO YOU REPLACE THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON ?

1995 Pontiac Bonneville

Thomas Freese

December, 21, 2011 AT 8:21 PM

At times getting trouble code.

saturntech9

December, 21, 2011 AT 8:37 PM

What is the exact code number you are getting?

Thomas Freese

December, 21, 2011 AT 9:42 PM

I don't have the code number available but on my scan tool it
said the PRND switch. Do I just remove the two connectors the two bolts and switch will pull off?

saturntech9

December, 21, 2011 AT 10:08 PM

Pretty much dont forget to remove the shifter cable and the arm that it hooks too. Also you will have to adjust the new switch.I posted how to adjust it let me know how it comes out.

Thomas Freese

December, 21, 2011 AT 10:29 PM

Thank you for the tips and diagrams. I will let you know how things go when I get off the ship I am on at this time (on Dec. 28th). Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Thanks again, Capt. Tom Freese.

saturntech9

December, 21, 2011 AT 10:37 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for hope you have a great christmas as well even though your stuck on ship away from your family. Also thank you so much for keeping our country safe. Please let me know how replacing it comes out and if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Thomas Freese

December, 29, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

I have replaced the Neutral Safety Switch yesterday following the directions you posted and everything went well! This was my first time using this web site. I thank you again and hope your Christmas Holiday was nice. I don't serve on a military ship I work on a supply ship servicing oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Thanks, Tom.

saturntech9

December, 29, 2011 AT 6:24 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for helping people fix there cars please tell all your friends about our site.I had a great christmas thank you.I just assumed you were in the millitary since you said you were on a ship.I have helped a lot of millitary guys with there cars so thats why I thought that. Sorry about that if you have anymore questions you know where to find the answers.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda