Factory alarm system starter not working

ELJER
  • 1995 NISSAN MAXIMA

Due to a defective door switch which causes false alarms I want to disable/disconnect the factory alarm system permanently

please direct me as to the…. Wire to cut. The fuse to remove. Or the module to disconnect so as to achieve my goal without of course affecting and interfering with the starter in the vehicle.

Its an 18 yr old car.I don't want to spend a dime or any time and effort on the alarm system. The vehicle has also had some strange starter issues which have persisted even after several starter replacements and i'm trying to take the alarm out of the equation entirely.I know that all the security system really has is a starter interrupt which I believe works through a relay marked "inhibit clutch interlock" if you cant tell me how to disable it entirely how about just the starter interrupt part of it

Monday, January 13th, 2014 AT 12:46 PM

SATURNTECH9

You cannot disable alarm systems because it is integrated into the computer.

Lets just replace the door latch instead?

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing? We could troubleshoot the starter when it acts up to see why its inop sometimes. I have a made a feed back light to help trouble shoot interment starter inops.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, January 13th, 2014 AT 1:29 PM
ELJER

Ok but just to get this out of my head. The alarm system starter kill relay is closed when the alarm is not triggered correct? So it probably couldnt be a factor as regards this starter issue right?

If that is the case would you check to see if different types of starters were used on the maxima for the 1995 model year. The car will start but once its been running for awhile and shut off it will not restart until it sets for some time then the cycle repeats. The engine has a lurching sound as it is cranked over as if the engine is in vapor lock but I know that it is not. Ive swapped the starter several times because they seem to heat up and fail. Im wondering if its the tooth engagement to the flywheel causing the lurching sound? They keep giving me the same starter as a replacement

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 AT 10:14 AM
SATURNTECH9

When the alarm is not going off or set the starter disable should be closed correct. Also when it wont start does the starter work at all?Because you mentioned teeth engagement then were talking about it cools it starts so kinda confusing. Also if its a matter of the starter inop then you could even have a bad neutral safety switch getting hot and becoming inop.

-1
Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 AT 10:40 AM
ELJER

We have 2 identical 95 maximas in the family. So I was able to swap out. The crank position sensor cam position sensor. Ignition switch. Checked the plugs, coil packs, injectors. All are good and once it starts it runs fine

Thursday, January 16th, 2014 AT 8:51 AM
SATURNTECH9

So it cranks over normal speed just doesn't start?Also you did try removing the gas cap just to see if it starts?Also when it wont start have you checked for a nice blue Spark and what the actual fuel pressure is?

Thursday, January 16th, 2014 AT 9:57 AM
ELJER

No it doesnt crank over at normal speed but I think I have the solution.I bought and returned several starters from auto zone and o reillys because they failed.I talked to napa and they said there are 2 different starters."8 tooth and one other" I put that one on and it appears to work fine. Incorrect tooth engagement seemed to be the problem

we can end this session now with one more question if you would be so kind

same car 1995 nissan maxima. Runs a little rough at hiway speeds. And plugs and injectors show as good but I suspect the coil packs. Do coil packs either work or not work? Or can they age and work but at reduced spark voltage? Thanks : )

Saturday, January 18th, 2014 AT 5:07 PM
SATURNTECH9

Yes the coil packs can fail like that or the coil boots with obd1 like your car its harder to see what cylinders are cutting out.I would also see if the egr valve is sticking open or the pintle spring is weak.

Saturday, January 18th, 2014 AT 5:15 PM
ELJER

Cool tnx for thinking about it.

Ok best way to isolate a defective coil pack on such an ancient car is to disconnect and look for change or no change in idle right? Or is there a more precise way?

Does that also work if it runs a little rough at hiway speeds could the coil packs or boots act differently at higher rpm only? Something hard for me to test?

Or are you saying check egr for that condition " slight misfire at hiway speeds?. Pintle spring is in the egr? If so where is valve and how do I test

Saturday, January 18th, 2014 AT 9:59 PM
SATURNTECH9

Yes unhook a coil and see the difference yes also unhook the Egr valve and and see if the car runs better?

Sunday, January 19th, 2014 AT 7:03 PM