1995 NISSAN MAXIMA TRANSMISSION IS NOT SHIFTING RIGHT

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1995 Nissan Maxima
  • automatic

1995 Nissan Maxima mileage: 125,000. About 20,000 miles ago I had #1 fuel injector replaced on my car. This August they replaced #2. I recently took my car in because my transmission is not shifting right and was told that my #1 fuel injector is bad again. They cannot find out about my transmission until the #1 fuel injector is replaced again! Another $350.00. What can be causing this and do I have any recourse. I have always made sure to put good gas in my car and had all the service it needed. Except they also told me, it is due for its 60,000 Service, which will be another $350.00. I can't afford all of this.

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 8:14 PM

• 2CarPros-Archives

20,000 miles is a little soon for a new injector to go bad. What comes to mind is the possibility the fuel filter is letting sediment pass by which ends up plugging the fuel injectors. The #1 injector may be the first one on the loop. If the engine is not running properly, it would be difficult to diagnose transmission problems. The 60,000-mile service probably includes replacing the timing belt. Sorry we wish we could help you more.

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 8:16 PM