MY CAR WILL TURN OVER BUT WONT START I HAVE FIRE AND FUEL BUT WONT EVEN HIT WHAT COULD NE MY PROBLEM?

1995 Mercury Tracer

vclifton

August, 30, 2011 AT 3:09 PM

I was driving the car when it started surging almost as if it was running out of gas then it cut off it would turn over but wouldn't start after I got it home via towed I checked plgs one by one to make sure they were all firing which they were I then made sure the fuel pump was coming on and it was I have fuel to the fuel rail but itt still won't start I replaced all the plugs and wires as well as the cranckshaft seensor but still no luck I even shot either into the intake and nothing any advice?

Jacobandnickolas

August, 31, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

If the fuel pressure to the rail is within spec, make sure the injectors are getting power to inject fuel to the engine. If you want, see if it will start with starting fluid for a few seconds. If it does, no fuel is getting in the engine. Most likely, the injectors are not getting power from the PCM.

vclifton

August, 31, 2011 AT 11:29 AM

Tried starting fluid no luck

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right