WHY WONT THE CAR TURN OVER

1995 Mercury Cougar

deloerasam6427

October, 6, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

Okay the car was dead so I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem well still nothing so I started troubleshooting electrical all fuses okay I jumped out the starter it came on but did not turn the car over okay I picked up a new starter removed the old one found chipps on the teeth on the fly wheel I installed starter wired back up turned key on and nothing I got my meter had my wife turn the key on and not getting voltage to the solinoid do I have a electrical or mechanical problem or both and could the fly wheel be pissed Bach some how it seems the starter is not catching it

October, 6, 2012 AT 8:57 PM

The flywheel has nothing to do with starter not cranking. The starting circuit has a problem and some testing is required.
Is this a manual or automatic transmission?
Is the security light (if equipped) blinking in dash?

deloerasam6427

October, 6, 2012 AT 11:50 PM

Its automatic u think there's a problem with the ignition controlled mod or the switch

October, 6, 2012 AT 11:58 PM

Is engine 3.8 L or 4.6L?
Is security system factory or after market?

Thinking and guessing don't solve problems. Diagnosis is required and the correct information is necessary to get uson the right track.

Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011