ENGINE WONT STAY RUNNING WHEN HOT

1995 Mazda 323

2CarPros-Archives

December, 4, 2010 AT 12:10 AM

1995 Mazda 323 mileage 162,000. My Mazda has developed a really annoying engine fault. When the engine is cold and running on choke (or whatever fuel injection engines do) it runs fine. But as the engine warms up and it comes off choke it coughs and splutters, the engine floods and then it dies. It then refuses to restart, the engine turns over but makes no attempt start. After leaving it for twenty to thirty minutes it will reluctantly start and then once it's up to temperature it doesn’t miss a beat. Alas I am quite confident of doing a 300 mile journey without any problems but know that if I just want to pop to the shops round the corner the 323 will breakdown. My local garage have tried replacing the distributor cap, rotor arm, HT leads, choke sensor, air flow sensor, coil and ignition sensor and that has not resolved the problem. My friendly mechanic is now lost for ideas and suggested that I ask you friendly folk for help. Please help!

Running Hot

2CarPros-Archives

December, 4, 2010 AT 12:13 AM

Scan the computer for fault codes, we suspect that you have a faulty coolant sensor. Also check the rubber air intake boot for cracks.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT