1995 Jeep Wrangler want start

LELAND7197
  • 1995 JEEP WRANGLER
Jeep was running then went to start but want checked fuses and relays. Is not firing. Need some help!

Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 8:28 AM

Scan for codes and check crank sensor. Do wiggle test on crank sensor connector if it starts you'll need another connector. Check fuses underhood.
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 11:43 AM
LELAND7197
Where would you find it? I looked for it yesterday and then call a auto parts and they said there is not a listing of one on that model. I was getting power to my coil but fire out of the spark plug. So have replaced the rotary button, distributor cap, and coil Checked rotary button to see if if was spinning it was. I am getting fuel to the fuel injectors.
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 11:57 AM
If you are getting a nice spark to the dist cap then sand down the contacts inside the cap and make sure the cap isn't cracked and wire from coil is good. Ya know I love autoparts guys they will tell you anything you want to hear. See pic for sensor location.
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 12:02 PM
LELAND7197
Going to find it now. Let you know what I find out. Thanks
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 12:06 PM
LELAND7197
I found it took it out clean it up with some light grad sandpaper still Wil no crank can you tell me what I senses. It it some type of magnetic if it was it was not that strong.
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 12:39 PM
Ya know when you guys say it won't start say it won't turn over that is a whole different ballgame. The crank sensor is magnetic. First you check your battery for condition including load test autoparts can do it. Does it not turn over or not run what is your fuel pressure like asked in very first reply? I really think this is to much for you. Ittells the module when to fire. Have you check ed fuses underhood or only in dash. Check the coil with an ohm meter shold be 9.5-1.20 between small terminals an d11,000-14,000 between negative terminal and large output where the plug wire goes. If out of range then the coil is shot. I have no further comments or suggestions.
Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 12:50 PM