I AM HAVING A BEAR OF A TIME TRYING TO DIAGNOSE...

1995 Honda Civic

Anonymous

January, 6, 2013 AT 12:08 AM

Hi, I am having a bear of a time trying to diagnose a hesitation on my civic. It will start bucking usually when it's under load but won't do it all the time. If finally died on the road and I towed it home. From my alldata site, I was able to diagnose it as a bad ignition coil. I had previously changed the plugs, wires, rotor, and cap when I did a tune up. I put a new coil in and test drove the car, and the hesitation is still there. I am worried about driving the car, in case it fails again. Can anyone shed some light on where to look next? I was thinking ICM, but I tested it and it is fine. What could be causing this intermittent issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Duane

January, 6, 2013 AT 12:21 AM

Is the check engine light coming on? Might help -Go to this link for more information on hesistation: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma