Noticed bad scent coming from battery several days ago. Eventually battery seemed to be losing power and needed help starting with help of battery charger. Got bad enough to to replace battery. On the way to auto parts place to replace battery, car started to lose power on roadway, all indicator dash light and all the sounds associated with them started to go off and the car completely died. Replace battery and attempted to start car. Car would turn over but not start. Sounded like either no fuel or spark going to pistons. Just a guess. Ended up towing car home. Tried to start next morning and found that the battery was completely dead, did not seem to even have an amp left. Checked fuses just as a start measure and found that the ECU fuse was blown. Replaced fuse, charged battery a little and attempted again, fuse blew out immediately. Repeated with same result. Need help with this issue. Thanks
NORMALLY WHEN THE BATTERY HAS A SULFER SMELL---IT'S BEEN MY OBSERVATION THAT IT IS BEING OVER CHARGED BY THE ALTERNATOR............BAD ALTERNATOR
IF IGNORED, I'VE SEEN THE BATTERY START TO GET SOFT (START TO MELT) ON TOP........EVEN EXPLODE!
AGAIN, MY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS STARTING TO GET SEVERE, THE SULFER SMELL, UP CLOSE, IS REALLY STRONG, AND CAN BE SMELLED A GOOD WAYS AWAY...........SORTA LIKE BEING SEATED AT THE CENTER TABLE AT A "BUTTER BEAN EATING CONTEST"!
HERE'S A TEST YOU MIGHT TRY AT YOUR HOUSE....OBSERVE WHAT NORMAL VOLTAGES ARE