INTERNAL DIAGRAM OF MTX5 TRANSMISSION

• auto.guru
  • 1995 Ford Taurus

I have looked everywhere for a diagram or illustration for the internals of the MTX 5 Trans. I cannot find anything anywhere.

I have done an upgrade to the differential but in the process I split a synchro. Not a big deal - put it back together and everything is good. The problem I am facing now is the idler gear. I cannot seem to put it in because the 2 different shafts like to spin opposite of eachother causing it to lock up. Im looking for a diagram to compare to.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 5:05 AM

• rivermikerat

Here's the images I was able to find.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 6:44 AM
  • auto.guru

I once had alldata and could acquire images like these all the time. The first image does help to some degree, but does not help me in putting the trans halfs back together. There seems to be 2 pins, 3 shifting rods, an pitting/moveable arm for the reverse idler gear. The trick is - putting it all together at once with only 2 hands

Saturday, October 8th, 2011 AT 6:01 PM
  • rivermikerat

These are all I could find with 30 minutes of searching.

Saturday, October 8th, 2011 AT 11:35 PM