INTERNAL DIAGRAM OF MTX5 TRANSMISSION

1995 Ford Taurus

auto.guru

September, 30, 2011 AT 5:05 AM

I have looked everywhere for a diagram or illustration for the internals of the MTX 5 Trans. I cannot find anything anywhere.

I have done an upgrade to the differential but in the process I split a synchro. Not a big deal - put it back together and everything is good. The problem I am facing now is the idler gear. I cannot seem to put it in because the 2 different shafts like to spin opposite of eachother causing it to lock up. Im looking for a diagram to compare to.

rivermikerat

September, 30, 2011 AT 6:44 AM

Here's the images I was able to find.

auto.guru

October, 8, 2011 AT 6:01 PM

I once had alldata and could acquire images like these all the time. The first image does help to some degree, but does not help me in putting the trans halfs back together. There seems to be 2 pins, 3 shifting rods, an pitting/moveable arm for the reverse idler gear. The trick is - putting it all together at once with only 2 hands

rivermikerat

October, 8, 2011 AT 11:35 PM

These are all I could find with 30 minutes of searching.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma