IGNITION PROBLEM

1995 Ford Taurus

Jkeagle10

November, 13, 2013 AT 6:32 AM

When I turn the key on ther is no power to the dash lights. I have to turn the key back just a hair to get power but when I turn it back forward all power is lost again. It will crank and turn over but not fire. I put a new ignition key cylinder in and it still same results

hmac300

November, 13, 2013 AT 7:12 AM

It probably isn't adjusted right or one of the wires has lost connection. Dash lights come from headlight switch anyhow.

Jkeagle10

November, 13, 2013 AT 9:03 AM

The headlights work thru out the whole time though. It's just sash lights and fuel pump that loses power. What wires are you referring to and where are they located?

hmac300

November, 13, 2013 AT 10:35 AM

If the fuel pump loses power it can be a weak relay or a fuse problem. Check the three fusible link s on undrhood fuse box, pic shown as well as ign sw blower motor fuse it's a 60 amp. If the fusible links only have a a couple of strands of wire going through them then that may beyour problem. Also are connections on ign switch ok or was the plastic burnt up around it that can also be the problem.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement