WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT MY ' ACCELERATION PROBLEM.

1995 Ford Taurus

Rick44129

August, 4, 2012 AT 6:10 PM

Before the engines Temp reaches normal, the Car drives Wonderful (3.8l v6) accelerates as it is supposed to, but once it warms up, no matter how hard I accelerate it accels as if im only pressing the gas a a tiny bit, I have replaced the Throttle position sensor, (it was driving fine after replaceing it even after warmup, until the next day, it was back to problematic) fuel pump, plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, neutral safety switch. This issue is also causeing my MPG to suffer drastically, getting about 9 mpg, But only when the car is warm. I took it to a couple repair shops, but after telling them the issue, they turned down the buisness, seems no one even wants to LOOK at it.

saturntech9

August, 4, 2012 AT 6:13 PM

Has anyone performed a back pressure test on the exhaust when it was hot?

Rick44129

August, 4, 2012 AT 6:17 PM

No. But that sounds like a very good idea. I will try get it tested asap.

saturntech9

August, 4, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

I think so let me know what you find.

Rick44129

April, 10, 2013 AT 5:14 AM

It has been a very long time, I finally got the money for the cats, and o2 sensors, my cats were mostly clogged, but, the acceleration problem is still there, even tho the car feels alot better, and the gas milage raised a bit, but it still is not good. A recent update is , I acceled full throttle so show someone how it accels so bad, and it jumped like as if I was letting go of the throttle or somethingthen violently smashign the throttle, (which sounds like TPS but I changed that already)
i DID need cats, so im glad I changed them, but this issue is eating me alive. Im mainly worried about my new cats, wondering if this issue is the reason my cats got clogged up. Telling the computer to dump too much fuel in cylinder

saturntech9

April, 10, 2013 AT 5:29 AM

Has anyone done a Injector balance test?Or tested the coolant temp sensor?

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang