Jerks into gear and wants to die at acceleration. Engine light on after 2 sec running in idle.

RUTLEDGE53534
  • 1995 FORD F-150
I have a 95 ford f150 6 cyl. Vin Y pick up that spits out a code 126 (MAP sensor) error. I replaced the sensor and it still generates the code. What would you suggest?
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 3:38 AM

Still Jerking?

Seem to be fixed?

If so, maybe you just need to clear the code!

The Medic
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 4:06 AM
RUTLEDGE53534
No change after parts installed. I cleared the codes and the symptom still exists. The code came back also.
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 AT 7:36 PM
Not real good with computer cars,

Imma Jeep CJ kinda feller, Carburetor Stuff if more my cup of tea.

Don't fret, I'm still tryin', and others fellers here, can still jump in and help!

So far, I have access to a Very Great (I'm told) on-line Repair manual, I have no formal training with it, so it is sometimes confusing and hard to find things-- + right now I have the "Grand-Monster" factor happening all around me!

This is what I have so far, that is, stuff that does not require a Super Whizzy-Bang Machine to test.

1) Unusually High or Low Barometric Pressure (Wild Weather!)

2) Kinked or blocked vacuum lines

3) Engine condition--things like Compression issues, Timing issues and other stuff (still looking)

4) Then it starts going into using a MAP/ BARO Tester and an "Oscilloscope

Thought after all of the time that has passed, with my slowness.I would shoot you what I have, thus far

I am still looking this up for you. So if you do find a vacuum problem, maybe somewhere else, and you repair it, then all is good. Let me know so I can get out of this!

I do not mind searching, it does get me more familiar with their system. But I still don't like it!

The Medic
Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 AT 12:09 AM
RUTLEDGE53534
Hey CJ MEDEVAC,
Thanks for trying to help me with this dog of a problem. I took my MAP sensor in to have it tested at Autozone. (The only real hands on help I received on this problem.) It passed. So, I was left with two possibilities of a fault, either the control box or the wires leading to the MAP. The control module was in the neighborhood of $400.00 so I opted to run down the wires with an ohmeter. I found an area on the wire harness, coming from the MAP sensor, near the battery and was not in real noticable sight that had been chewed through! The MAP was completely severed and hanging on a couple of strands of only one wire. After repairing that mess the truck ran like it was suppose to. I cleared the codes and all is well. Thanks again for the help.
Monday, May 23rd, 2011 AT 2:00 AM
Yeah, I dated and married one like that!

She would chew thru anything, kinda the reason I divorced her too!

Lol! But it really was not that funny, at the time!

What you reckon chewed 'em up?

A critter. Or they shook around and broke, maybe not tied down with anchors? Or zip ties?

Glad you figured it out, without tearing into stuff bigtime!

The Medic
Monday, May 23rd, 2011 AT 6:15 AM