95 F150 5.8L - WHY DOESNT STARTING FLUID IGNITE WHEN SPRAYED INTO MY FUEL INJECTOR?

• IA-95_f-150
  • 1995 Ford F-150

I just bought a 95 f-150 5.8L I don't know if there was foul play but for some reason the truck stopped running! It turns over but doesn't ignite ether in the injector!

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 7:38 PM

• fixitmr

Is there spark?

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 7:41 PM
  • IA-95_f-150

From the distributor yes, new battery also! I think it could be the wires may have been switched, or maybe the ignition module! What are some symptoms of each? I just bought the special tool to take out the ignition module but havent started that yet! What order do the plugs go from the distributor to the plugs?

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 7:46 PM
  • fixitmr

If they were out of order it should backfire. You say it dont fire at all? Are plugs wet?

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 8:20 PM
  • IA-95_f-150

No, the plugs are not wet and I just tested the ignition modular and it is working!

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 8:57 PM
  • fixitmr

Is it real cold there? No sputters at all? Try dumping some gas down it's throat. Spray start evaps so quick.

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 9:11 PM
  • IA-95_f-150

A few days ago, yes it was kinda cold! I will try the gas down the throat and let you know if that works in the morning! I appreciate the help!

Thursday, January 26th, 2012 AT 7:47 AM
  • mhpautos

You can check for spark at the plugs, just get a spare plug and earth it to the engine and plug any lead into it, crank and watch for a spark, you will want to see a strong blue spark that cracks when it fires.

Thursday, January 26th, 2012 AT 10:20 AM