• Tiny
  • spence45
  • 1995 Ford Explorer
  • 160,000 miles

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD W/JBL

So I want to make sure my car has more than enouph voltage going to my two ampliefiers, but with out interfering any of the other electronics in my car. The total amperage on the fuses from the two ampliefiers is 140amps. I believe my stock alt had 95amps. The H/O Alternator i'm getting is 250 amps. So I am wanting to know everthing that I need, so I can properly install the alt. Do I need a new voltage regulator or can I use the stock one? I'm very confused on that. Also, id really apriate it if you make me a wring diagram. I'm also converting to the big 3, and need some understanding how to completly do so. Also, theres two wires connected to the ground, but one of thoose wire I believe split. And why would you split your ground? And if you could make a diagram on that as well.

I'm not going to get a new battery, but im getting a battery cap for the two amps.

Friday, October 11th, 2013 AT 4:17 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • Jacobandnickolas
  • Expert
  • 68,410 posts

I'm sorry, but we only deal with and recommend direct fit parts.

Was this
Friday, October 11th, 2013 AT 7:15 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions