1995 Ford E-Series Van overheat and battery issues

SETHW15
  • 1995 FORD E-SERIES VAN
  • RWD
I was wondering why my 95 ford van overheats not 5 minutes after you start it it jumps up to hottest mark and just runs there, super hot, and it does no matter whats on inside or the weather outside always does that it has full coolant tank, good radiator, new water pump, and 3 yer old premium thermostat and then the battery will never no matter what stay charged we tryed pulling fuses, nothing, and then disconnected the battery and it kept running the sam the alternator is four years old but the battery looks fairly new as in the last few years why would it be overheating or running so hot and never staying charged we have to charge battery before starting for like 1 hour and there is no visible up top or below coolant leak what could this issues be? Staraight 6 automatic tranny 4.9litermotor and new coil pack
Thursday, August 20th, 2015 AT 9:59 AM

IF YOU HAVE ELECTRIC FANS, ARE THEY COMING ON?

LET'S LOOK AT WHAT "GOOD" ACTUALLY MEANS

TO ME, "GOOD" MEANS IT HAS RECENTLY BEEN TESTED

"TIME" MEANS NOTHING, WHEN IT COMES TO HUMAN MADE PARTS

A PART MIGHT BE BAD RIGHT OFF OF THE SHELF/ LAST ONE DAY/ MAKE IT A WEEK/ AND SO ON!

YOU CAN FIND SEVERAL DIFFERENT APPROACHES TO FINDING A "PARASITIC DRAIN" ON "YOU TUBE". THIS MIGHT HELP YOU FIND YOUR POWER DRAIN. JUST TO ADD TO THAT, AN ALTERNATOR CAN DRAIN YOU TOO (BAD DIODES, ETC). SNATCHING ALL OF THE CONNECTIONS FROM IT, MIGHT SHOW THE AMP DRAW ON YOUR TEST METER DROP OFF (SEE YOU TUBE)

ACCEPTABLE DRAWS (LIKE YOUR RADIO MEMORY) MIGHT PULL IT DOWN, IF THE CAR SITS FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

TO INSURE ALL IS WELL, TAKE THE BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR TO A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE FOR THOROUGH TESTING, NORMALLY THIS IS A FREE SERVICE

IF YOUR VEHICLE IS NEWER THAN, LET'S SAY, 1980, SNATCHING A BATTERY CABLE LOOSE WHILE IT IS RUNNING CAN REALLY MESS UP AN EXPENSIVE COMPUTER AND OTHER STUFF TOO! BAD BOY! BAD BAD BOY!

OVERHEATING THINGS TO LOOK AT

ARE THE RADIATOR HOSES SUCKING FLAT, MAYBE AT RPMs GREATER THAN IDLE?

A HEAD GASKET ISSUE MIGHT HEAT YOU UP TOO, SOME AUTO PARTS STORES SELL A "CHEMICAL TEST" THAT WILL DETECT COMBUSTION GASSES IN YOU COOLANT.

I CHANGE MY THERMOSTATS IN MY JEEPS ONCE A YEAR, NEED IT OR NOT!

I WOULD ATTACK IT 1ST!

RADIATORS ALSO BUILD UP MINERAL DEPOSITS INSIDE, "HOME FLUSH KITS" USUALLY DON'T WORK SO WELL. A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING MIGHT COST A CHUNK TOO, AND YOU STILL HAVE AN OLD RADIATOR IN THE END.

LAST BIT OF INFO MIGHT SAVE YOUR POCKETBOOK! READ HOW TO DO THIS TECHNIQUE EFFICIENTLY. SEE THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

KEEP US INFORMED ON PROGRESS

Friday, August 21st, 2015 AT 5:45 PM