Car won't start

JAMISU
  • 1995 DODGE NEON
Is the red/wh wire in my pdc the one giving the dkg/o wire and the dkg/wh wire its voltage when key is first turned on. Also voltage does not come back to the coil and injectors, etc. After I start cranking the engine.
Thursday, June 30th, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

Good observations. The voltage of which you speak comes from the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay to feed the dark green / orange wire. The Engine Computer turns that relay on for one second after turning on the ignition switch, then again during engine rotation, (cranking or running), when it gets pulses from the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor.
Friday, July 1st, 2011 AT 1:59 AM
JAMISU
R/wh wire in pdc has voltage when key is off, when key is on, But has no voltage when engine is being cranked. Isn, t this wire the one feeding voltage to my asd relay.
Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 AT 10:11 PM
That wire comes right from fuse 21, a 20 amp which is fed right from the battery. There should be voltage on it all the time, even during cranking.

Where are you grounding your voltmeter?
Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 AT 9:55 PM
JAMISU
Grounding it directly to neg battery post. The big thing that baffles me is when I first turn key on I see everything getting voltage for first second, then when I start cranking everything still gets it, s correct voltage. But when I return the key to the run position on switch I can hear everything energize again like nothing was getting voltage while I was cranking.
Thursday, July 7th, 2011 AT 10:24 PM
I wonder if you couldn't have a bad contact in the ignition switch. They do have a lot of trouble but not normally on that circuit. Check for voltage on fuses 5, 6, 7, or 8 inside the car during cranking. That's one circuit. Next, check for voltage on fuses 15 or 16, again, inside the car, during cranking. The last circuit is fuses 9, 10, and 11. I don't see any other reference to the ignition switch in the manual. One of those fuse circuits most likely makes its way to the Engine Computer.

I'll be out of town off and on for the next few days, but I'll be checking in periodically.
Thursday, July 7th, 2011 AT 10:41 PM
JAMISU
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY MAY IT BE A SAFE ONE. I, LL CHECK ON THOSE CIRCUITS AND SEE WHAT KIND OF A RESPONSE I GET. THANKS BY THE WAY AND MAY YOUR GOD BLESS.
Thursday, July 7th, 2011 AT 10:51 PM
Not well versed on the computer stuff on it

I've got a '95 Neon too!

It's our spare car, not driven a lot.

I got in it weeks after my wife cleaned it out.

Did everything except "Bust Off"!

After a good while of looking at stuff, I found what sorta looked like a "Key Remote" in, under the drivers seat

. Took a while.I'm sometimes slow!

There is a Pocket/ connector, on the dash, just right of the column and down. In the wide open!

Plugs right in!

I guess the wife knocked it out, while tidying up.

My guess, is that, it's for keeping the teenagers from crusin'

I reckon you done checked that?

The Medic
Friday, July 8th, 2011 AT 2:02 AM
PS

The danged thing will go in both ways!

It only works one way!

Told you I'm slow!

The Medic
Friday, July 8th, 2011 AT 2:18 AM
Saw you created another post (mhpmotors, is answering)

This thing, on the dash, that I described, even reversing it, has no bearing?

The Medic
Friday, July 8th, 2011 AT 9:25 AM