2

1995 Dodge Dakota

Anonymous

2.5 cylinder engine, manual transmission. The temperature gauge has been inop for a little over a month and did not fix due to everything still operating properly. For the past week, whenever I would push the accelerator the engine would rev but delay in increasing speed. I researched that the coolant temperature sensor would cause this issue and planned to replace this coming weekend. Last night the problem increased and eventually the vehicle stop moving. Engine turns over, I can shift into gear but no movement. There was also the smell of burnt rubber. I tried again this morning, engine fires up but will not drive forward or reverse. I would like to know if the problem could be the CTS that runs to the gauge, computer or both, or thermostat, or a new can of worms.

hmac300

Check trans fluid level first then have a trans guy scan it for codes, sounds like atrans problem not an engine

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement