Engine turns over but won't start. I

CIRRUS 1234
  • 1995 CHRYSLER CIRRUS

I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus, the car turns over but won't start. I am not getting any spark. I have changed out the distributor, and the computer and still nothing. What else could it be?

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

Alot, you shold scan for codes when it first broke down to see what sensor may have gone bad. Check your cam an dcrank sensors for resistance

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 10:43 PM
CIRRUS 1234

There were no error codes coming up, can it still be crank or cam sensor?

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 10:50 PM

Yes but it needs to be checked. A scanner won't do you much good now as you have replaced the computer. Check your fuel presure too it may be low an dnot allowing a start

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 10:52 PM
CIRRUS 1234

Will low fuel pressure keep me from getting a spark? Anyway fuel pressure is fine.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 11:20 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Did you check compression and the timing belt?

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 2:50 PM
CIRRUS 1234

Compression is good and so is the timing belt

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 9:41 PM
ASEMASTER6371

What is the compression?

Thursday, July 26th, 2012 AT 1:47 AM
CIRRUS 1234

After changing out everything I said before and now changing out the crankshaft sensor the car finally started but now the timing seems to be off, any suggestions?

Friday, July 27th, 2012 AT 4:23 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Thats why we asked for the compression. If the belt moved a tooth off it will give you a power issue

the timing is not adjustable on these anymore.

Friday, July 27th, 2012 AT 4:30 PM
CIRRUS 1234

Compression, timing, is all ok with car. Now car is running rich slugish (I'm thinking oxygen sensor) and none of my gauges are working. Could something have shorted out that caused all these problems?

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 8:01 PM
CIRRUS 1234

Still haven't gotten a resonse, are you guys there?

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

One of the reasons we don't answer is whenwe ask you aquestion like what is fuel pressure, ok is not an answer we need to know psi. Wht are the codes or have you bothered to scan it and figure i'll just replace parts. Have you checked the fuses for the gauges, two on lh side of dash and one under hood? Have you checked under the lh kick panel for a good ground.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 10:40 PM
CIRRUS 1234

Before my last question we already figured out it had nothing to do with timing, you never ask about fuel pressure. We couldn't get a good reading with a scan because the computer was no good. Now I just need to know if something could have happened that shorted everything out like the computer the crankshaft sensor, the oxygen sensor etc, etc, etc.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

If the computer was shorted out it wouldn't run at all. Grounds are very important and if dirty/corroded they can give problems. Also chryslers seem to have aproblem with the automatic shutdown relay. Just because we didn't ask for fp, doesnt' mean that you can't come back with what it was as we dont' know what ok means or your ability to repair cars. That is why you need to check and see what fuel pressure is including after shutdown because it can make injectors run to rich as well as other things. You think you know how to repair it have fun

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 AT 1:44 PM