95 Tahoe issues

BANE01
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TAHOE
95 tahoe cut off while driving and will not restart
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 8:53 PM

PAULNVICK
Does it still have fire to plugs? Is it getting fuel? You might try checking those things. If still has fire to plugs, check to see if fuel is getting to engine and fuel pump is not out. Fuel pumps seem to fail often anymore. I have replaced two in my Tahoe this last year and the first was an after-market pump which failed within a month of replacing it. I got a replacement pump, which costs alittle more, but seems to be worth it. Hope I helped give you some ideas of where to start without an anylizer(sp?).
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 7:11 AM
When it doesn't start, you need to check to see if it gets spark and fuel to the engine. One will most likely be missing. From there, you need to check that system.
Thursday, February 24th, 2011 AT 5:56 PM
BANE01
Thanks for the replies. We had it checked by our Chevy dealer and found out it was the Ignition Module and the Pick up coil. Had it replaced and now I actually get a good steady voltage reading of 14V compared to 12V before. However, after this was fixed and it was still cold outside (around freezing) my starter acts like it wants to stick sometimes. This hasn't happened since it has started to be >40 degrees in the mornings. Anyone think there is a link on these two?
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 3:42 PM
PAULNVICK
Check your cable ends to make sure they are good and clean. My two guesses without looking at them are one; the starter brushes are worn and need to be replaced, or it could be that the starter is full of dirt and gunk and causing the starter and selanoid to drag. I have taken off the selanoid and cleaned up the accuator real good and the bendix. Clean is always better. But, start with the cable ends and the battery to make sure they are all clean and connections are good. Black is bad. Silver or shinny copper is "Good". Charge your battery good and have it load tested also. Hope these ideas help.I've been out of the mechanic trade for some years, but the ideas I have givven you are where I would start today or even 20 years ago. Have a "Great" day! Paul
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 7:02 PM