Mass Air Flow Sensor

JMERIDETH42
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
How do I replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor on a 1995 Chevrolet 1500 5.7-L 2-wd pickup?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 1:28 PM

DWB812
First of all, what makes you think the MAS needs to be replaced? I am very hesitant to recommend replacing any part that I have not been involved in diagnosing as defective. Unless you are confident the MAS is really deffective and replacing it will correct your problem, I recommend getting a proper diagnostic evaluation before proceeding. It is very difficult to diagnose your problem when you give no symptomatic information. It may be to your advantage to resubmit your question with details of what you are experiencing as a problem with your truck.
Mass Air Flow Sensors are generally in the air intake of fuel injected vehicles. I will assume you have a 1995 5.7 Liter Throttle Body Injected (TBI) engine. These sensors are usually very easy to replace. Identifying them (and their location) is more difficult. I recommend taking the vehicle to a knowledgeable person to show you the location of the sensor. It's also possible to purchase the replacement part to use in identifying the sensor but that may result in confusion. Once you have the sensor located, simply disconnect the wiring connector and remove and replace the old sensor. Take appropriate action to ensure the ECU is adjusted to the new sensor and the truck is operating properly.
-2
Thursday, January 20th, 2011 AT 8:08 PM