95 Camaro Knock and Gas Issues

HEARTSHAPEDNOOSE
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAMARO
Ok, I have a 95 Camaro V6 3.4L, When I first bought the car it started up and ran fine but went through gas fast. I could put gas in the car and have a half tank and have that gone within approx. 30 - 45 miles. The engine had a real light tick sound before I had an oil change done and the tick was gone. After about a week or so I had the muffler pulled off because somehow it got broke on the inside so I had a straight pipe put on temporarely. A few days after straight piping it the engine started to knock lightly on the top end then got really loud and when I put gas it the car it goes extremely fast and at times I can smell gas in the exhaust fumes. Any Ideas of what is causing the knock and why it is going through gas so fast? I go through approximately $60 or more in gas in less than a week.
Friday, July 15th, 2011 AT 7:11 PM

DOCFIXIT
Pull vacuum hose off fuel pressure regulator"see diagram" if fuel present replace regulator and CHANGE OIL
Friday, July 15th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM
DOCFIXIT
Sorry fogot diagram
Friday, July 15th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM
HEARTSHAPEDNOOSE
What if the oil was recently changed? Within the last month or 2? I pulled the Vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator and from the other end where it is connected to a "t" shaped thing. There is no gas dripping from it but there is a scent of gas in it. Does that mean I need to replace the fuel pressure regulator?
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 1:51 AM
Have a pro physically check this car out, you have either leaking injectors, to high a fuell pressure or something else. If this car has been modified like a lrager cam installed it will use more fuel. IT COSTS MONEY TO GO FAST. Also check your air cleaner as it may be blocking correct air mix. The ticking may be from lifters due to the fuel in the oil.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 5:33 PM
HEARTSHAPEDNOOSE
What would be causing fuel in the oil? Also, I just checked and there is no air filter on the car. Someone either removed it when checking something and didnt put it back or someone stole it. As far as I know there are no modifications besides the straight pipe and air box removed and a k&n filter pipe put on minus the missing filter, maybe bigger exhaust pipes, it has 2 1/2" pipes on it, no idea if that is stock or not.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 7:06 PM
K& n filters don't come stock neither do the 2&1/2" exasust.
The fuel comes form to much fuel going into the enngine so some goes out and alot goes into the oil. Because it's running to rich. You might see ifhtis has had a thing done to the computer to do this. Or larger injectors added on. You might call the guy you bought it from to find out.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 7:11 PM