95 caddilac Concours heater blower problems

KANSASYELLOW
  • 1995 CADILLAC CONCOURS
  • 200 MILES

1995 caddy concours. My blower on my heat/ac stopped working last august, when it stopped a message scrolled across the led message center of the dash syaing "freion very low compressor turned off"!
I knew my clutch on the compressor was getting bad (very noisey) and small metal slivers in compressor clutch area.
my problem is I cannot get blower to work at all not for heat or defroster or for any setting, I have unplugged compressor I have used my actron code scanner to check for related codes and I have cleared any codes after making note of them (it did not have any ac/heater/climate control codes at all!

until the message about the compressor having low freion and as a result the car turned it off the blower motor had worked perfect.

Guys I live in kansas and I cannot use the car with out heat or defroster, I have worked on cars allot in my life and this is the first time I have been stumped like this
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE?
P.S the 8th vin letter is Y and I have checked the fuse box in trunk and under hood and cannot find a fuse blown but I cannot find a slot labeled for heater or blower either so maybe there is a third fuse box i'm not awhere of? Any help would be very welcome.

Friday, January 21st, 2011 AT 12:59 AM

FACTORYJACK

Make a simple check of the power and ground at the blower motor. If you have both, you can replace the blower motor.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 7:25 AM