My Buick

MARQUISBRITTANY18
  • 1995 BUICK LESABRE
  • 1,900,000 MILES
My 1995 buick stalls out when the gas or brake is applied to heavy or when taking turns or when it heats up. I have changed the fuel filter and cat. Converter.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 7:40 PM

How long since over-all tune-up? Any applicable trouble codes? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. With idle issue, clean the throttle-body and iac/idle air control.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 7:58 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
I havent done a tune up at all yet. No trouble codes at all. We checked pressure once and all was good there also. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but my radiator fluid is also red and it used to be green.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 8:14 PM
Maybe your getting tranny fluid into your cooling system. May need a new radiator. Is tranny fluid level ok?

Is it rust?
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 9:14 PM
WRENCHTECH
You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try eliminating any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 9:14 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
Jdl. Im not sure about rust but it sure does seem gummy, (lack of better words). Would it also have a smell? I have noticed a smell and im not exactly sure what it is though. It smells like something maybe burning? This might not be related but I wanted to give you all issues.

Wrenchtech the mechanic that I had also thought it might be a vacuum leak but looked over it and had not found one. He said that my exhaust was running really hot and believed that when I changed cat converter it would fix problem. Well it did fix for a day. Now right back to the stalling like its out of gas but its not. Also when this problem had first started it seemed to go away when I put a full tank of gas in and kept it there consistantly. But I cant do that all the time being a single mother.
And I cant have it stall everywhere either. But I want to thank both of you for this advice im hoping to get this fixed asap
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:08 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
Also the fluid level is not low at all but its red.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:22 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
Ok I looked at lines myself and found one that is hissing and is cracked all over but im not sure which line it is really but I have one and im going to replace it and see if it works.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:26 PM
WRENCHTECH
If it's hissing, that's a vacuum leak and probably your problem.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 11:18 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
Ok well I changed the line and tried driving it around the block. It seems to be getting better but is not fixed. It takes a little longer for it to start stalling now. And when I took it for its ride around the block I noticed for the first time that it had a check engine light on for about maybe about two minutes or so. This is the first time the light has ever came on. Should I check something with that? Was it just because it almost stalled?
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 11:14 AM
If your fully obd 1 compliant, you can check codes, yourself. Or one of the national brand autostores may check codes for you, free.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 1:53 PM
WRENCHTECH
That's probably going to be a hybrid of OBD1 and OBD2 and require a professional scan tool.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 10:05 PM
Yeah, I agree with wrenchtech about it being a hybrid connector. I was answering other 95 buick question, they showed me a picture of their datalink connector, it doesn't look like anything I've seen before. I don't like cross-over years.
Friday, March 25th, 2011 AT 2:21 PM
WRENCHTECH
Most of the 95 GMs I've seen had an OBD2 connector but and OBD1 system so you can't use an OBD2 code reader and you can't get OBD1 flash codes either.
Friday, March 25th, 2011 AT 2:32 PM
MARQUISBRITTANY18
Well the check engine light has not came back on since and when I took it to the autozone they plugged it in and said it didnt come up with a code? It is running much better just not all the way right yet. Every once in awhile she still stalls out so I know there is still an issue and dont want to let it get worse. I am in the process of cleaning what you told me to and checking if there are any other lines that are cracked or anything. But any other ideas for me to do?
Friday, March 25th, 2011 AT 3:34 PM