TRANSMISSION ISSUE THE UPSHIFT ARROW ON DASH ...

• JamesET
  • 1994 Volvo 850

Transmission Issue: The upshift arrow on dash has been blinking off and on over the past few months (indicating check transmission). The transmission fluid level has always been acceptable. Now the transmission is not shifting correctly. The trans. Jumped into first gear while driving at approx. 40mph and was then very slow to eventually upshift to the next gear.
Question: Is there a replaceable electrical component that might be suspect? I do have a small engine oil leak that might be fouling/shorting some transmission electrical component. The trans. Had been shifting perfectly up to this point- wj=hich is why I don't think it's a major malfunction with the trans. Itself. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 4:30 PM

• Docfixit

Blimking indicates computer has detected a fault in Trans maybe a shift solenoid need to have Trans Codes pulled to determine what has happened and what repair is needed

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 6:35 PM