A GOOD AND CHEAP BEATER CAR FOR UPCOMING WINTER...

• Anonymous
  • 1994 Toyota Corolla

"A good and cheap beater car for upcoming winter! Car is currently at 276k. It needs some work but still runs and can still get you from point A to point B without a problem. No accidents with this car. 4-cyl, 1.8 Liter, FWD, automatic transmission, A/C and heat work fine, power locks, power windows, am/fm cassette radio, tilt wheel, and a cloth interior. Gets 23 mpg city/31 mpg hwy.

Car has some major rust spots, scratches, and a few dents, as well as all the other usual wear and tear. There is a leak with the transmission and with the power steering. Car can drive without power steering fluid but makes steering wheel hard to turn. I have had to top off both fluids whenever they are needed. Transmission shifts hard when put into drive. There is also a crack in the windshield. I just haven't had any time or money to fix and invest anything else in this car."

That is the ad for a car I am thinking about buying. I don't know a lot about cars so I would like to know if those problems are going to be expensive. Is the car worth getting?

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Pass on it and look elsewhere. A real money pit

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 AT 2:55 AM