STALLING

1994 Toyota Camry

jpowellra

February, 15, 2011 AT 10:07 PM

I have a 1994 Toyota Camry, 4 cylinder xle and after approximately 6mins, it stalls every time I stop at a stop sign or red light with my foot on the brake in DRIVE position. I've had the intake system checked and cleaned and the air hose replaced and a lot of other stuff cleaned or replaced. I've also noticed that it IDLES very low when it's in the DRIVE position with my foot on the brake. It shakes, then stalls. Could it be something related to the spark plugs or the idle itself or some other hose--I don't see any rips in any of the hoses. I'm at my wits end. Please help me with any info you may have to resolve this problem I'm experiencing with this car. It'll be much appreciated. Thank you so much.
Jason

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

toyodamastertech

February, 16, 2011 AT 2:18 AM

Does the vehicle seem to have a miss just before it dies? If so, a common problem is that the ignition coil will get a crack in it. The only way to see this is to remove the distributor cap, and rotor and protector piece under the rotor. Visual inspection will reveal a crack. Be sure that you have a absense of spark through the spark plug wires before spending the time to inspect the coil.