Engine will shut off while driving

RAWNOG
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
1994/4cyl. Camry(Cali)/auto/199,999 miles- Seems like an EFI problem. Engine will shut off while driving, and it feels like it's running out of fuel. Replaced EFI relay under the hood, ran for 2 weeks and now its doing it again? The cars from California, has check engine light, and BF Goodwrench said its due to distributor issue. They said the previous owner had put the wrong kind of spark plug leads on it, but it gets spark. Like I said, it ran for a solid two weeks before it started bogging down again. I went out tonight and bought another EFI relay just to see if the car is somehow destroying it. After I replaced it, it started right up and made it home(.5 mile).
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 12:43 AM

Check and test the circuit opening relay and the airflow meter-Do this block open the airflap on the airflow and test drive it and see what happens-let me know
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 12:50 AM
RAWNOG
Will do, I'll let you know asap. Thanks for the quick response, this seems to be a good site.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 12:56 AM
RAWNOG
How exactly would I do this by the way?
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 1:01 AM
Just block the airflap open on the air flow meter with an object
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM