I have a 1994 oldsmobile cutlais cierra it recently started overheating after we had the radiator flushed and put a tune up on the car. So we tried changing out the thermostat but that did not help and we changed the heat sensor cause it seemed like our radiator fan was not working. That didnt help. We bypassed the heat sensor and the fan worked so we knew the fan was good but it still overheated even with the fan running constantly. We reconnected the heat sensor and I began to hear a noise that sounded like radio static. A friend of ours said it sounded like it was the water pump so we replaced that. At first this seemed to help some for the first few minutes we ran the car then it started overheating again. I am still hearing the static noise some and it sounds like it is coming from under the driver side dashboard. Also when the car overheats we get an odor that smells like beer or sometimes like juice that has started to ferment. Yesterday I tried turning the heat on in the car when it began to overheat as I had been taught to do when a car is overheating but the heater was blowing out cold to lukewarm air. I am wondering if my overheating problem is in the heater core. Also when it overheated yesterday the coolant went into the overflow jug and instead of immediately gurgling back into the radiator when we stopped the car like it had been doing we had to sit for at least half an hour before it went back into the radiator.