MY CAR IS LOSING POWER ON HILLS AND HIGHWAY

1994 Nissan Sentra

baby6948204

February, 29, 2012 AT 9:01 AM

My 5 speed car had a problem losing power, the it wouldnt idle without my foot on the gas. A friend of mine sprayed the carb or choke and it resolved the issue. Now I am losing power in 5th gear on the highway. I literally went from 65mph to 50 with my foot on the gas! I heard the engine roar but the car acted like it was not getting gas. I went into the parts store to buy and spray the car again myself, but was told by an employee the the parts had to be taken off to clean properly. I am a student and have spent money keeping up the car, so I cant afford to replace it, and I have no idea of where to start to find out what is wrong with it. What can I do to resolve the issue

February, 29, 2012 AT 10:14 AM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs, airflow meter and throttle position sensor, also exhaust system for restriction-tranny clutch could be slipping-

February, 29, 2012 AT 11:29 AM

TRy replacing the fuel filter.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement