1994 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.0 INLINE 6CYL SURGES

• henrytyler
  • 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hi. I have an automatic transmission. My jeep has a slight surge feeling, mostly noticeable around 1500 to 2000 rpm. It feels a little like when the wind buffets on a windy day. It happens in any speed. Doesn't matter if I am in Lo gear or in OD going down the highway. It is more noticeable if going up a slight incline with the throttle pedal held steady. Cruise control also feels the same. I have cleaned the throttle body, it has a new distributor. The plug wires are fairly old but look in good shape. The spark plugs have maybe 20,000 miles on them. I have tried the injector cleaner in the gas tank thing. And also used premium gas. The engine air filter is brand new. And I just had a new catalytic converter installed.

This is driving me nuts. And I don't really have the money to take it to a shop.

Henry

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 AT 2:54 PM

• hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 6:18 AM