One-bolt mount for CPS

STEVENHAUGE
  • 1994 JEEP CHEROKEE
  • AWD
My jeep quit running out of the blue, just backing out of the drive. Now it cranks but doesn't turn over. Looking into it online leads me to believe it's the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Bought the part at the local part store, went under to install it and found that the current sensor is a one-bolt mount, not a two like the store sold me. The one I bought looks like the one on the jeep parts site, but what I find on my car is not that part. Is it possible my engine is from a year or two before and has an older style CPS? It's the 6cyl model.
Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 5:05 PM

IT'S POSSIBLE!

IS THERE A PART NUMBER ON THE OLD ONE?

I'M MORE OF A OLD JEEP AND CJ KINDA GUY...THIS NEWER STUFF BOGGLES ME TOO! I PULLED UP THESE 2, I BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT YOU DESCRIBED

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Crankshaft-Position-Sensor/1994-Jeep-Cherokee-4WD/_/N-j0odqZ8znbj?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=CRANKSHAFT+POSITION+SENSOR&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=136550_124093_0_1277

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Crankshaft-Sensor-BWD_18480105-P_762_R%7CGRPSENSAMS_1069522452___

YOU MIGHT EVEN PLUG DIFFERENT YEARS INTO ONE OF THE ABOVE LINKS, AND FIND ONE LIKE YOURS

RULE OUT THE "DUMB FACTOR"! ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ON YOUR RIG, AND NOT SOMETHING ELSE?

"IF" I CAN PULL IT UP, WANT A DIAGRAM OF WHERE STUFF IS LOCATED ON YOUR ENGINE?.....I HAVE ACCESS TO "MITCHELL 1 AND IT'S DIAGRAMS"

YOUR TURN

Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 5:47 PM
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one I did some research for the 1994 crank shaft position sensor for your jeep it lists two different ones depending on your rpo code option they both have two bolts holding them in. One fits from 1994-1996 and the other one from 1993-1996. So why do you think the sensor is bad?No spark?Also do you have any trouble codes in your computer?What color are the wires going to the crank shaft position sensor?
Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 6:39 PM
SATURNTECH9
I posted a diagram of where your crank shaft sensor should be.
Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 7:20 PM