I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country

ANONYMOUS
  • 1994 JEEP CHEROKEE

I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country. Sat for several months, now it cranks but wont start. Replaced the Cranks Position Sensor, Distributor Body, Rotor, Distributor Cap, Spark Plugs and Wires, New Battery. Checked fuel through the fuel port on the rail, got fuel. I got spark and I have fuel but no start. Prior to changing the Distributor Body the engine will only crank with no other effect. But after I changed the DB, the throttle body is now making a gasping sounds when I crank it and fumes come out.

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 AT 3:04 PM

GUTIERREZ333

CONTINUATION

After making a recording of what the engine is doing, I took it to Orielly's and proposed the question of what the problem could be. Apparently everyone is telling me that the timing is off and recommended that I adjust the timing. One problem, on this model the timing can not be adjusted. It is controlled by the computer. At this point I am at a loss, aside from making sure that the spark plugs are connected to the distributor cap, I dont know what else to do. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 3:40 PM

Other Crankshaft Crankshaft Position Sensor CKS Replace/Remove Questions