1994 Honda Civic heat prob

KEITHGAULE
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
My 1994 honda civic is barely blowing warm air when heat is on, the temp control lever is difficult to move from side to side, are the two related and how do I fix the problem?
Monday, December 13th, 2010 AT 6:28 PM

KHLOW2008
Both problems should be related and caused by the control cables.

ADJUSTMENTS
AIR MIX CABLE
NOTE:
The purpose for adjusting the air mix cable is to ensure that the air
mix door is fully closed when the maximum cool position is selected.

1. At air mix door linkage (bottom of heater case), disengage air mix cable housing from clamp. Disconnect cable wire from air mix door control arm. At heater control panel, select maximum cool position and hold it in this position.

2. At air mix door linkage, hold door control arm in maximum cool position (hold it against stop). Reconnect cable wire to door control arm. Gently slide cable housing back to eliminate slack, then snap cable housing into clamp. Adjust heater valve cable. See HEATER (COOLANT) VALVE CABLE.

HEATER (COOLANT) VALVE CABLE
Note :
The purpose for adjusting the heater valve cable is to ensure that the heater valve is fully closed when the maximum cool position is selected.

1. At heater valve near engine compartment firewall, disengage cable housing from clamp and disconnect cable wire from heater valve. At control panel, set temperature control to maximum cool position and hold it in this position.

2. At air mix door linkage (bottom of heater case), hold door control arm in maximum cool position (hold it against stop). At engine compartment firewall, reconnect cable wire to heater valve. Gently slide cable housing back to eliminate slack, then snap cable housing into clamp.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 7:29 PM