1994 Honda Civic Brakes go to the floor

ROBERT1993
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
Ok im in serious need of some help cause I dont want to just go and start replacing parts.

what it is, is that when I push the brakes the pedal goes to the floor, but itll still stop the car, but when I do a really hard pull and go to stop afterwards the brakes are tight on it like it should be ive done bleed the brakes, and read a couple different fourm and they are saying it could be the brake master cylinder or the brake booster, I need help.

Thursday, October 22nd, 2015 AT 8:34 PM

MHPAUTOS
A faulty booster will give you a very heavy and hard brake pedal, to test booster, with engine off, pump pedal until it becomes hard, hold foot on pedal and start engine, pedal should suck down a little, I would be thinking that you have air in the system, so start with a bleed and see how that works, if you cant see any signs of a leak, pull the master and check the rear seal, often you get a leak there.
Friday, October 23rd, 2015 AT 3:43 AM
ROBERT1993
Well I bleed the brakes and got all the air out but it didn't help the brakes when the car is running, I pulled the master cylinder and its not leaking either, and I tested the booster by pumping the brake with the car not running and then holding the brake down while I crank the car and it started once and the pedal fell to the floor, so I repeated the process and the car wouldn't start if I had the brake pedal down but once I let off the pedal and turned it over it would start automatically on the first turn of the key
Friday, October 30th, 2015 AT 8:37 PM
MHPAUTOS
This does not make any sense, I can't see here there would be any connection, so to isolate the two items that may be connected, disconnect booster vacuum and plug line, try starting with brake depressed, and disconnect brake light switch and try a start and see if there is any change.
Sunday, November 1st, 2015 AT 2:23 AM
ROBERT1993
Ok well I went and got a brand new master cylinder and replace it and bleed all the brakes again and figured out that I also had a bad rear wheel brake cylinder so I replaced that as well and then re bleed the brakes again, well that worked perfect now the pedal is hard as a rock and it takes a couple minutes to stop the car, but I hear a loud clicking when I'm hitting the brake.
Saturday, November 7th, 2015 AT 6:50 PM
MHPAUTOS
Can you give me some indication of location of the noise?
Monday, November 9th, 2015 AT 1:43 AM