WONT START

1994 Honda Accord

Charity52

August, 29, 2013 AT 7:31 AM

Sometimes my car won't start. It just clicks Replaced battery and it started for a few days and then stopped. Sometimes when starting it starts and then there is a noise afterwards. I have a remote starter. Would that contribute to the problem.

hmac300

August, 29, 2013 AT 7:46 AM

Have your starter checked for draw and if battery seems low have charging system checked.

Charity52

August, 29, 2013 AT 7:53 AM

Thanks. When I purchased the battery four days ago the advance store guy told me that the hand machine they have also checks the stater and it was good. But I was told that the starter had to be taken off to see if is bad. What is checking the starter for draw?

hmac300

August, 29, 2013 AT 8:04 AM

It's something a mechanic would do without taking the starter off the car. They hook a machine up and start the car to see how many amps it's drawing if it draws to many amps then the starter would be no good. There are two large fuses underhood for starter so either one of those could be corroded causing a problem. But normally they'arent

Charity52

August, 29, 2013 AT 8:16 AM

Thank you soon much. So I need to have it put on the machine again or what else could it be i? I noticed this morning that you could turn the cable post around the battery weigh your hands. Do you suggest getting new points as well. That wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

hmac300

August, 29, 2013 AT 8:31 AM

You should not be able to turn the battery post with your hands, have a pro look at this.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test